Here are the do's and don'ts
of the judges like VCs being asked to invest"
• We will be skeptical
• We want evidence and proof points –Help us do our research with external links
• Dreams and hopes are nice but what is measurable and done now! –And yes we can tell the difference
• What do third-parties think – analysts, customers?
some war stories about how you solved a customer’s problem
What goes wrong?
• Entrants don’t read the questions
Read and understand the questions
• Entrants don’t answer the questions properly
Long diatribes are unnecessary, just answer the question
• Entrants copy and paste marketing blurb into the answers
ask their PR agency or a junior marketing person to complete
All of the judges are senior people, your CEO’s answers are more likely to win than the PR agency juniors attempt
Steve's full presentation is attached here as a PDF.
The great news is that this year you can register and save entries and then edit. So for example, to benefit from the early bird discount, just register and save the categories you want to enter and the $50 discount on all entries will apply (deadline 31st July). You can then go back and edit before the deadline of August 29th.
If you have questions about the Tech Trailblazers, please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org and one of the Trailblazers or our judges will be in touch soon! Good luck!
About the Tech Trailblazers Awards
Tech Trailblazers is a new concept in awards, designed explicitly for smaller businesses and startups that are five years old or less and at C-series funding or below. The awards have low barriers to entry and prizes that not only recognize startup innovation, but also proactively help startups grow their businesses with access to exclusive coaching, mentoring and development and prizes from a prize fund worth an estimated $1m+. The awards include the following categories:
· Big Data Trailblazers
· Cloud Trailblazers
· Emerging Markets Trailblazers
- Internet of Things Trailblazers
· Mobile Trailblazers
· Networking Trailblazers
· Security Trailblazers
· Storage Trailblazers
· Sustainable IT Trailblazers
· Virtualization Trailblazers
In addition to the above categories, all entrants are automatically entered into the Regional Trailblazers Cup competition free of charge. The Regional Cups include:
· African and Middle East Trailblazers Cup
· Asian-Pacific Trailblazers Cup
· European Trailblazers Cup
· Latin American Trailblazers Cup
· North American Trailblazers Cup
For more information, please email us at email@example.com, follow us on Twitter @techtrailblaze or via the hashtag #TTAwards, visit the website at www.techtrailblazers.com, or visit us on LinkedIn at http://www.linkedin.com/company/tech-trailblazers-awards.