The Tech Trailblazers Awards startup competition recognizing enterprise IT brilliance amongst startups opens today in search of fresh tech talent and cutting-edge ideas
LONDON, UK, September 21st 2015 – Designed to celebrate startups with pioneering IT innovations, the fourth-annual Tech Trailblazers Awards have officially opened for entries at www.techtrailblazers.com. The awards are open to all enterprise technology startups that are five years old or less and at C-series funding or below. Submit your entry before the early-bird deadline at 11:59pm PT on 9th October. Final deadline is 23rd October.
The Tech Trailblazers Awards are an awards scheme with a difference – low entry barriers for startups aged 0-5, no costly awards ceremony to attend but instead great prizes, industry recognition and publicity for successful entrants. Startups from a range of enterprise IT backgrounds are invited to apply, also automatically entered free of charge for the Regional Cups – part of the awards system highlighting an outstanding entrant from each geographical region (Africa & Middle East, Asia Pacific, Europe, Latin America & North America).
As of last year’s edition, the awards extended their list of categories even further to cater for a diverse range of enterprise technology startups. Categories now include Big Data, Cloud, Emerging Markets, FinTech, IoT, Mobile, Networking, Security, Storage, Sustainable IT and Virtualization. Early stage startups are also given a fighting chance for recognition amongst their older startup counterparts, with the Firestarter category winners awarded for excellence as early-stage non VC backed companies less than two years old.
Winners will be awarded for their excellence with useful prizes to support their businesses, such as sessions with expert industry mentors, business development tools, exposure to investors and publicity in key startup and computing titles. The Tech Trailblazers Awards prize fund, is supported by sponsors and industry partners including the Cloud Security Alliance, Computing, Innovation Warehouse, VMware, and many others.
Rose Ross, founder and Chief Trailblazer of the awards, said, “Each year, we experience a new wave of ideas and talent from all types of enterprise technology startups. Our judges are keen to discover fresh concepts and winning ideas, rewarding startup excellence with not only the Tech Trailblazer title but prizes to develop and establish their concepts and enterprises even further. The global panel of diverse industry specialists look forward to seeing what 2015’s startup innovators have to offer.”
Entering the Tech Trailblazers Awards? Startups can learn how to impress the judges by reading Top Tips for Winning the Tech Trailblazers Awards.
The early-bird submissions fee is $250 with a deadline of 9th October at 11:59pm PT. Entry forms should be submitted before the final closing date of 23rd October for consideration by the expert panel.
For more information and to download an entry form, please visit www.techtrailblazers.com.
To join the Tech Trailblazers as a media partner, industry supporter or sponsor, please email email@example.com.
To be added to the mailing list to receive the latest updates, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Follow the Tech Trailblazers Awards on Twitter @techtrailblaze or using hashtag #TTAwards.
Notes to editors
Please contact Rosalind Carr at Omarketing for more information (contact details below).
At present the judging panel includes:
- Mohit Agrawal, Founder and Editor, Telecom Circle (Twitter: @telecomcircle)
- Joe Baguley, Chief Cloud Technologist, VMware (@joebaguley)
- Steve Broadhead, Founder and Director, Broadband-Testing Labs (@steve_broadhead)
- Brad Bush, CIO, Dialexa (@jbradleybush)
- Teresa Cottam, Founder and Chief Analyst, Telesperience (@teresacottam)
- Hans De Leenheer, Blogger (@hansdeleenheer)
- Chris Evans, Consultant and Blogger, TheStorageArchitect.com (@chrismevans)
- Marty Foltyn, Hands-On Lab Program, SNIA (@MartyFoltyn)
- Ian French, Channel Guru, Mentor and Entrepreneur (@siceo)
- Edward P. Gibson, CEO, Embassy Attache' Groups (@EdwardPGibson)
- Martin Glassborow, Blogger, Storagebod (@storagebod)
- James Governor, Analyst and Co-founder, RedMonk (@monkchips)
- Brian Honan, CEO, BH Consulting (@brianhonan)
- Elise Huang, Partner, WestSummit Capital
- Sam Johnston, CTO, CSC (ANZ) (@samj)
- Julian Levy, Startup Specialist
- Ben Kepes, Principal, Diversity Limited (@benkepes)
- Justin Lodge, Infrastructure Architect, National Australia Bank (@justin_lodge)
- Simon Robinson, Research Vice President, 451 Research (@simonrob451)
- Kai Roer, Senior Partner, The Roer Group (@kairoer)
- Raj Samani, EMEA Strategy Advisor, Cloud Security Alliance (@raj_samani)
- Andrew Seldon, Editor, Hi-Tech Security Solutions, TechNews (@andrewseldon)
- Sarb Sembhi, Director, Consultancy Services, Incoming Thought (@sarbsembhi)
- Enrico Signoretti, Senior Consultant, Juku Consulting SRL (@esignoretti)
- Jennifer Steffens, CEO, IOactive (@securesun)
- Jon Toigo, CEO, Toigo Partners International (@jontoigo)
About the Tech Trailblazers Awards
Tech Trailblazers is a new concept in awards, designed explicitly for smaller businesses and startups that are five years old or less and at C-series funding or below. The awards have low barriers to entry and prizes that not only recognize startup innovation, but also proactively help startups grow their business with access to mentoring, development and prizes. The awards include the following categories:
- Big Data Trailblazers
- Cloud Trailblazers
- Emerging Markets Trailblazers
- FinTech Trailblazers
- Firestarter Trailblazers
- IoT Trailblazers
- Mobile Trailblazers
- Networking Trailblazers
- Security Trailblazers
- Storage Trailblazers
- Virtualization Trailblazers
In addition to the above categories, all entrants are automatically entered into the Regional Trailblazers Cup competition free of charge. The Regional Cups categories are:
- African and Middle East Trailblazers Cup
- Asian-Pacific Trailblazers Cup
- European Trailblazers Cup
- Latin American Trailblazers Cup
- North American Trailblazers Cup
Early stage startups (2 years and younger without VC funding) are able to apply for a chosen tech category free of charge via the new Firestarter bursary and automatically submitted for the new Firestarter award as well as their appropriate Regional Cup.
The Tech Trailblazers Awards prize fund is supported by sponsors and industry partners including AfriLabs, Amoo Venture Capital Advisory, beSUCCESS, bnetTV, BigDataStartups, China AXLR8R, the Cloud Security Alliance, Computing, ExecEvent, GFT, GoMoNews, The Green Grid, GSMA, The Icehouse, Innovation Warehouse, Internet of Things Events, IP EXPO Europe, Launchpad Europe, L’Informaticien, Lissted, MIT/Stanford Venture Lab, The Next Silicon Valley, Outsource, Prezi, Silicon Cape Initiative, Skolkovo, StarTau, Startup America, Storage Networking Industry Association (SNIA), Tech in Asia, TechNode, TiE Silicon Valley, Wazoku, Ventureburn and VMware.